Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fur & Sparkles Cuffs

Free Pattern: Fur & Sparkles Cuffs
My 9-year old daughter wanted a bracelet made of these 2 yarns (I had made a toy for her with them before, and had some left over). Since she had her friend over for the weekend, I made one for each of them. They loved them, and wore them all day, and all night! This is a really quick knit, I think it took me about 5 minutes for each of them, if that! It would be a great, fun project for young or beginning knitters.

Supplies:
US #4 needles
Small amounts of :
Patons Brilliant in Prettiest Plum and Pelsgarn Funny in Parti
Yarn Needle

Gauge:
28 sts = 5 1/2" - will stretch to 7 1/2", and fit around my women's small hand

Directions:
Holding both strands together, cast on 28 stitches using knitted cast on.

Work K2, P2 ribbing for 3 rows.

Bind off very loosely in pattern to keep stretch.

Sew ends together, and weave in ends.

Tips:
Knittingpatterncentral.com has great instructions for cast on methods.

This pattern is free for personal use only. Please do not use for profit unless all proceeds go to charity.